Thursday, September 25, 2008

Politics

How can one have a blog these days and not discuss politics? Here we are about to elect a new President, so why shouldn't I throw my opinions out there for others to read and discuss. Yeah I know my timing on this isn't very good, late to the party and all but give me a break, I just started this blogging thing. So here's a short list of my thoughts and how i percieve the candidates involved. This list is based on what I've read, seen on tv, and heard on the radio. Yes I probably haven't got all the facts, but neither does anyone else since they all keep their own secrets and other writers don't include everything either (not because they're incompetent, but do to editting constraints or other reasons I have no idea about yet)>
  • McCain - Veteran, Former POW, Long standing Senator. Good background for a President in my opinion. He has knowledge of military workings and knows personally the risks that they take everyday. However he is part of the republican party and over the last several years they as a whole haven't been very productive. He may be saying that he intends to implement many changes within his party and the country to make it better for everyone, but I just don't see that happening. Not because I don't trust John McCain, but because I believe that the republican party as a whole will do what it can to ensure their way of life isn't affected by anything "their" figurehead wants to do.
  • Barack Obama - Lawyer, College Instructor, Fairly new Senator. Also a good background for a President I think. New experiences, new ideas, new thoughts. Sometimes putting a new person in a position who hasn't had a lot of experience in the area is a good thing. That person may find newer easier ways to get things done. However the democratic party has always come across to me as "wacko-hippies". Some of them want so many changes that it would hurt rather than help. Obama as well says that he wants changes to be made to make life easier on everyone. The democratic party as a whole may try to push so many changes into effect that it makes life horribly miserable for everyone who now has to change the way they live, work, relax, or eat just to follow a bunch of rules that might come into effect all at one time.
  • Joe Biden - Lawyer, Senator. A long standing Senator who entered politics almost as soon as he became an attorney. Politics seems to be the only thing he knows. But as Obama's VP he brings a lot of experience in a broad spectrum of subjects to help Obama run the country. From foreign relations to judiciary committees, from law enforcement to civil liberties. A good all around jack of all trades sort of person to be VP
  • Sarah Palin - Sports Reporter, Beauty Pageant winner, City Council, Mayor, Governor. Wow now that's a lot of stuff that she's done. Just from reading the Wikipedia on her there's too much to list what she's done. But from what I've read she would fall into one of those "flip-flopper" categories. She's very religious, but doesn't always bring that into her political decisions. She tries to get rid of corruption and illegal activities within the ruling bodies, but then fires people who don't support her views or those who don't do what she wants them to do. Which leads to the big story about her, the investigation involving her sister and ex-brother in law and Palin firing someone for not firing the ex-in law. Now I don't know about you or anyone else, but if I was served with a subpoena to testify or in some way participate in an investigation, I would do it. Why? Because it's the law and all sorts of people who have ignored subpoenas in the past have been thrown in jail for contempt of court (or whatever the rule is). She wants things done her way or the highway in my opinion and if you don't do it her way then she'll have you removed from your position. I don't trust her.

Well I hope at least one person reads this and it helps them make a decision. Me, I probably won't be voting at all. And contrary to all the loud mouthed voting types who say "If you didn't vote then you shouldn't complain about who gets elected". I say this: It's not because I'm lazy that I don't vote, or that I don't agree with any of the candidates, it's that neither party has been able to provide me with a good enough reason to vote for anyone they've put forward as a candidate. None of them have been good enough for me to vote for them. Until there is trust to be had from the government and it's governing bodies then there is no trust in the votes made for them. Delegates, Super Delegates, Incumbents, very few people even know what those are or what they mean. I am not one of them. So read, enjoy, vote or don't vote. It's your choice. Thank You for getting this far down the page.

No comments: