Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What is a Blog

What is a blog? Many people these days are asking what a blog is. They see it mentioned in newspapers and they hear it mentioned on television and radio. "According to a blog" is an opening statement becoming more and more frequent in news and general conversation. Some people use blogs as a source of news and some use it as a form of self expression.To me a blog is a combination of my self expression, news stories that interest or affect me in some way, and a way for others to hear about how my life is going and any changes that have happened. I'm not good with talking on the phone or even keeping in touch with people, family included. I don't know why I'm like this but I really suck at calling home to mom and catching up on what has happened in the neighborhood. My wife is more often the one who even emails mom telling her what has gone on here recently. That is one reason why I started this blog, as a way for everyone to know how I'm doing and how we're coming along in our home here.Another reason that I started this blog is to practice my writing and share some of my stories with whoever wants to read this. Yes most of these stories will be in the same general genre but so what, that's what I like. I can dream and hope that someone randomly reads this and just happens to be a publisher or editor of a magazine or newspaper and wants me to work for them. Don't crush my dreams you fart. Of course I don't know who reads this blog or how often they do. I get some feedback from a few of my online friends who read this and let me know what they think, but I don't know they read it until they tell me they did. The only sure thing about this blog so far is that I know that so far there is only one (1) follower of this blog. That would be my wife because it says it is her and she told me so. Nobody else has subscribed or decided to follow the blog so far. Nobody out of the several people on my email list that I informed of this. But that's okay; it won't stop me from writing and updating this. I'm going to go eat some mongolian beef from last night.

3 comments:

Pogues Mahone said...

well you now have 3 followers old man, and I need things to read when I have my coffee, and when I poop...... I can't read this when I poop as it would be too much work to bring my desktop pc into the bathroom.....

Anonymous said...

Make it 4....I guess I'm just curious about the people I've spent the last year and a half with so keep it up!
Hmmm, wonder who newfieguy is....

Pogues Mahone said...

well if you played WoW with me, then you would know me as Fierro, Artena, etc. :)